Compliance to the specifications is imperative – any abstract that does not comply with these specifications will not be accepted for review and will be returned to you by the Congress Managers for re-submission.
The purpose of the abstract is to define the precise subject of the presentation to an audience. The abstract should state the problem being addressed, the purpose of the paper, basic procedures/methods, main findings and principle conclusions in 2 – 3 paragraphs. References should be minimally cited in the body of the abstract.
The abstract title should be short, informative and contain the major key words.
Please list the contact author within the text box as indicated. The contact author may be different to the presenting author.
Please list ALL authors and affiliations within the text boxes as indicated on the abstract submission form.
Requirements for the Submission of Abstracts
- All abstracts must contain original work that has no prior ownership or copyright restrictions. Abstracts may be from a range of categories, including original research, case studies, and insight or review articles.
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided.
- We recommend that the presenting author submits the abstract.
- The presenter will be required to register and pay for the Congress to ensure their abstract(s) are included in the final program and Congress Proceedings – deadline for author registration is Tuesday 13 July 2021.
- Do not resubmit an abstract for any reason other than a notified submission error. If you do not receive a submission confirmation email stating your abstract was successfully uploaded, please contact the Program Coordinator.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure that the abstract is submitted correctly. After an author has submitted their abstract they must check their submission, which will be converted to a PDF file, to ensure the abstract has been formatted correctly.
- All submissions must be completed electronically via the online abstract submission portal. If you are unable to submit in this manner, please contact the Congress Managers via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 3 8888 9500.
- It is possible to submit multiple abstracts as the presenting author, but at most one of these abstracts will be allocated an oral presentation.
- Splitting of a body of work into multiple abstracts is discouraged and consolidation into one abstract is preferred.
- If accepted, abstracts will be available online. They will also be available in the Congress app.
- Oral Presentations – It is a requirement of all presenters that a biography (maximum of 150 words) is supplied at the time of abstract submission. This is for use by the Chair in each session to introduce the presenter.
- Poster Presentations – Instructions for the preparation of digital posters will be sent to authors upon notification of the abstracts acceptance.
- Poster Presentations – Mini Oral Presentation + Digital Poster: 5-minute oral presentation comprising of a 3-minute pitch to summarise your digital poster + 2 minutes of questions.
Digital Poster Only: available to view on the Congress App via smartphones and tablets as well as interactive kiosks provided in the exhibition area.